What is an ERSA Application, and how do I submit one?
The Existing Resources and Site Analysis (ERSA) application is the initial submission for all projects requiring PWD Stormwater Plan Review approval or exemption. PWD Stormwater Plan Review uses the ERSA Application to define the existing conditions of the project site, to confirm the project’s applicability within, or exemption from, the Stormwater Regulations, an to confirm the project’s Review Path with the applicant.
The ERSA Application must be completed electronically. To access the online Application, the user must log in to a valid PWD Stormwater Plan Review user account above. If you are a new user, you can create a new account.
On the first page of the ERSA Worksheet, the applicant will be asked to enter project information. Upon completion of this page, a PWD Stormwater Plan Review project tracking number will be generated, displayed on the following webpage, and sent to the email address associated with the applicant’s PWD Stormwater Plan Review user account. This tracking number can be used to track the review process through the PWD Stormwater Plan Review website. Log into your PWD Stormwater Plan Review user account by clicking “Apply” from the pwdplanreview.org homepage to check the status of all of your ERSA Applications. The project tracking webpage is updated daily, so please check the site for the most recent information regarding your project.
An ERSA application consists of the following components:
- ERSA Worksheet
- Site Photographs, including at least one color photograph from each face of the parcel(s) looking into the site
- Existing Conditions Plan
- Conceptual Review Phase Submission Package, determined by the project characteristics in the web form and the projects' Review Path as identified in Section 2.3 of the Manual.
In order to submit the ERSA Application for review, the applicant must click the "Submit Application" button at the end of the ERSA Worksheet. The online ERSA application will only accept complete submittals.
If you have questions or experience a problem submitting your information online, please contact Stormwater Plan Review at 215-685-6387or PWD.PlanReview@phila.gov.
What happens next?
- Upon receipt of a complete ERSA application, the Stormwater Plan Review staff will review the submission in five days or less. If necessary, a meeting will be scheduled with the project applicant.
- If instructed to do so, the applicant must submit payment for the $600 Conceptual Stormwater Management Plan Approval Fee to Philadelphia Water prior to Conceptual approval. More information on Stormwater Plan Review fees can be found here.
- The next stages of review will be specific to each project based on the Review Path. The applicant should refer to Section 2.3 in the Manual for detailed information and instructions.